2. Use of Personal Information:
You control your Personal Information on the MunchMoney platform. We will never disclose your email address, transaction history, or other Personal Information to any Merchant or any other third party for their marketing purposes without you first authorizing that Merchant or third party to access such information. This allows you to use the MunchMoney Service and MunchMoney Apps without receiving a whole lot of direct marketing you don't want.
You can authorize MunchMoney to provide your Personal Information to a Merchant by logging into a Merchant or third-party mobile MunchMoney App, or by expressly acknowledging a request from a MunchMoney App for permission to access your information on the MunchMoney platform. You can revoke these permissions at any time by contacting MunchMoney at firstname.lastname@example.org
MunchMoney will never share your Financial Information (i.e., your credit or debit card information) with anyone other than the payment processor that we use to charge your card (Stripe).
All companies that you do business with choose whether and how they want to share your Personal Information and other information. Federal law gives you the right to limit some, but not all, of that sharing. Federal law also requires companies to tell you how they collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
4. What Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information: MunchMoney collects some of your identifying information in connection with the Service, depending on how you use the Service. When you create a MunchMoney User Account (whether through a MunchMoney App or the MunchMoney website), pay via MunchMoney, engage in a Program, submit content to MunchMoney, complete a survey, send us feedback, request information about the Service, apply for a job, or sign up for special offers from third parties, MunchMoney may collect information from you, which could include the following (collectively, "Personal Information"):
- first and last name
- mailing address
- email address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- Geolocation. Using the location tracking feature in a User mobile device or associated with a User’s access to the Platform may note a User’s location in order to pair the user with appropriate Partner information.
- dietary preferences
- merchant transaction and Program data (including the amount, date, and location of the transaction, the amount of credit earned and redeemed, and the identity and amount of items purchased), and
- non-Financial Information related to your payment instruments, such as expiration date.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the mobile device or computer used to access the Platform, including, without limitation, the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information
- Social Networking Sites. If Users log into their account through other third party services not operated by MunchMoney or our Partners (e.g., Facebook Connect), Users give MunchMoney permission to access certain information about them from that social networking site, such as Facebook User ID, user profile, friends list, and profile picture.
You do not have to provide Personal Information to MunchMoney, but you may not be able to take advantage of all features of the Service if you do not.
Financial Information: In order to use the Service and the MunchMoney platform to initiate MunchMoney transactions at partner merchants, you will need to link a payment instrument, such as a debit or credit card account number, to your MunchMoney User Account ("Financial Information"). MunchMoney will only collect Financial Information from Users using a secure, transparent pass through to our third-party data vault and payment gateway provider (Stripe), and MunchMoney will never store your Financial Information itself. MunchMoney and its providers maintain compliance with all laws and rules protecting the privacy of your financial information, including the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
Web/Mobile Tracking Information: MunchMoney and its third-party service providers may use web and/or mobile tracking technologies, such as cookies, beacons, pixel tags and clear GIFs, to collect data related to usage of the Service, the Programs, and web and email marketing conducted by or on behalf of MunchMoney. Such data may include:
- the address of the websites you visited before and after you visited the Service,
- the type of browser you are using,
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address,
- what pages in the Service you visit and what links you clicked on,
- the identification for advertising associated with your iOS or Android device, and
- identifiers of beacons communicated to a MunchMoney App.
In order to collect Web/Mobile Tracking Information and to make your use of the Service more efficient, we may store cookies on your device. MunchMoney and third party contractors engaged to provide services on behalf of MunchMoney ("Contractors") may also use web tracking technologies that are placed in web pages on the Service or in email communications to collect information about actions that users take when they interact with the Service or such email communications. Web Tracking Information is not correlated by MunchMoney to individual users. Mobile Tracking information may be correlated to individual Users. Some Web Tracking Information may include data, such as IP address data, that is unique to you. You may be able to modify your browser settings to alter which web tracking technologies are permitted when you use the Service, but this may affect the performance of the Service.
5. How Does MunchMoney Use and Share Your Information?
MunchMoney’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide Users with content and services that Users request through the Platform or that match User interests. All companies need to share users personal information to run their everyday business. In this section, we explain the reasons that companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons MunchMoney chooses to share information; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Personal Information: MunchMoney will use and store your Personal Information to deliver the MunchMoney Service to you (including charges, receipts, rewards tracking and notifications, and system notifications); to market customer rewards to you; to improve our products and services; to investigate (and remedy) fraudulent or allegedly fraudulent activity; and to perform aggregated data analysis. Additionally, any Personal Information that we collect via Facebook will be used for open graph posts.
MunchMoney may also use personal information for various other purposes, including without limitation to:
- Identify you when you use the Platform or visit a Partner.
- Help diagnose problems with the Platform, to improve the Platform, to administer the Platform, and to enhance the Platform for optimal User experience.
- Monitor the usage and performance of the Platform, and to determine aggregate information about our Users and usage patterns.
- Customize content and services that may be of interest to our Users.
- Facilitate transactions and process payments.
- Send Users materials, updates, and product information regarding the Platform or Partner services.
- Contact Users for information verification purposes or to fulfill User requests, including employment inquiries.
- Contact Users (or to facilitate Partner’s contact of Users) for marketing purposes.
Our collection and use of your information is based, in different contexts, upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
MunchMoney does not sell or rent its mailing list, and we will not disclose your email address to any third party for marketing purposes, unless you specifically authorize a third party (such as a MunchMoney Merchant or third-party MunchMoney App provider) to access your information. MunchMoney will disclose your Personal Information to third parties only in the following limited circumstances:
- When you use the MunchMoney Service at a Merchant, MunchMoney may disclose your partial name (first name and last initial, but not your email address) and the transaction details (location, amount) to the associated Merchant to aid in the utilization process and loyalty program tracking;
- MunchMoney will permit access to your Personal Information by a Merchant or third-party that you specifically authorize to access your information, either by granting a party's express request for permissions in a MunchMoney App, or by downloading and logging into a MunchMoney app with your MunchMoney credentials, which grants to the Merchant providing the MunchMoney App permission to access your Personal Information, including the email address you use to log in, and your transaction history. You can revoke access permissions granted to any Merchant or other third-party by contacting MunchMoney at: email@example.com
Financial Information: MunchMoney will only ever use your Financial Information for the purpose of submitting an authorized charge to your payment instrument, in accordance with MunchMoney's User Terms. Financial Information is never provided to MunchMoney in unencrypted form, or stored by MunchMoney. Your Financial Information is never disclosed to third parties, including MunchMoney Merchants, other than MunchMoney's data vault and payment gateway provider (Stripe).
Aggregate Information: MunchMoney may also use Personal Information to create aggregated data for analytical purposes. This statistical information does not contain any individual identifying information or contact information and is used to understand our customer base as a whole and to better serve our market. MunchMoney reserves the right to share such aggregated, non-identifiable data with 3rd parties.
Web/Mobile Tracking Information: MunchMoney uses Web and Mobile Tracking Information to administer the Service (including to deliver notifications to users), to understand how well our Service is working, and to develop aggregate, statistical information on usage of the Services. MunchMoney may disclose Web and/or Mobile Tracking Information, without individual identifying Personal Information (or with such information if you have specifically authorized the disclosure of Personal Information to that party), to third party advertisers and advertising agencies, Merchants, third party MunchMoney App providers, and Contractors, in order for MunchMoney and such third parties to analyze the performance of the Services and the behavior of users, to operate and improve the Service.
Email Communications: If you create a MunchMoney User Account and provide your email address, we will send you administrative and promotional emails concerning the MunchMoney Service and MunchMoney platform, including new features, promotions, programs, and rewards. If you wish to opt out of promotional emails, you may do so by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the email, by contacting MunchMoney Support, or by editing your MunchMoney User Account settings as described below. All MunchMoney Users receive administrative emails. If you wish to opt out of administrative emails, you must delete your account entirely and cease use of the Service.
6. Privacy Settings/Opt Out
If you would like your Personal Information permanently removed from our database, or your Financial Information removed from MunchMoney's data vault provider, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly disable your MunchMoney User Account and you will no longer receive email from MunchMoney. Your removal from the mailing list or database will not remove records of past transactions or delete information stored in our data backups and archives, as required by law. Data on past transactions and data stored in backups and archives will be deleted in the normal course of MunchMoney's business. You may elect to opt-out at any time after registering for the MunchMoney service.
7. Third-Party MunchMoney Apps
The MunchMoney platform enables any third-party to develop applications, software, and websites that can access the MunchMoney platform on your behalf, with your permission ("MunchMoney Apps"). You may also be offered services, products and promotions provided by third parties as part of your use of any MunchMoney App.
8. Access and Updating of Information
MunchMoney encourages you to view your transaction history, and review and amend your email address or contact details, in the MunchMoney platform at any time. Please contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com.
Security: We use reasonable security precautions to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and all applicable laws. However, no Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that security breaches will not occur. Without limitation of the foregoing, we are not responsible for the actions of hackers and other unauthorized third parties.
Children: MunchMoney does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed at persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service. If MunchMoney learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then MunchMoney will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Google Analytics for Display Advertisers
MunchMoney uses remarketing to advertise across the internet. Along with the Google Analytics cookie, the DoubleClick cookie is collected by Google Analytics based on your browsing history. This optimizes your ad exposure to be more targeted to your interests throughout the Google Display Network. This feature can be even more personalized, by letting you customize which ads you see. MunchMoney follows the Google AdWords Remarketing Policy, as well as Google's restrictions for sensitive categories. If you decide that this isn't for you, feel free to contact MunchMoney at email@example.com.
11. USA Patriot Act Notice to Merchants
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who registers for a Merchant Account with MunchMoney. Merchants will be required to provide such information to the satisfaction of MunchMoney prior to establishing a Merchant Account.
Effective Date of this policy: January 2, 2019